MSD will resume classes on Monday morning, January 22, 2018, barring any unforeseen weather delays. Boarding students will be picked up at their regularly scheduled stops on Sunday, January 21, 2018.
Commuter students will utilize the transportation services of their LEA or parents to arrive to campus Monday, January 22, 2018.
The principal will work with faculty to ensure your child’s educational goals are met after this time out of the classroom.
Urgent Winter Weather Announcement (1/16/18):
Based on information we have received regarding the weather, the decision has been made that there will be no bus routes running on (1/17/18).
School is closed tomorrow for dorm and commuter students. Please stay tuned to Facebook and/or the MSD website for further updates. Again, the safety of our students and staff are our top priority and MSD is closed tomorrow (1/17/18) for dorm and commuter students. Thank you!
Please visit and like the MSD Facebook page for updates as well:
Urgent Weather Announcement:
Based on the information we have received on the upcoming winter weather, it has been decided not to run the buses on Tuesday, 1/16/18. We will make a determination about Wednesday as soon as we have the information needed to make that decision. The safety of our students and staff is top priority!
Stay tuned on commuter students for Wednesday. No school for dorm students on Wednesday, but possibly routes running to bring students in for Thursday's classes. This is a TBD (To Be Determined) situation.
Please like and stay tuned to our Facebook page and/or the MSD website for further updates.
- Due to anticipated winter weather in north MS beginning early tomorrow morning, MSD will be transporting all dorm students on all routes home this afternoon (1/11/18). This includes the Delta, I-20, Southwest, Northeast, Gulf, River routes.
- You should be prepared to pick up your child at their stop approximately 1 hour later than the scheduled Friday pick up time.
- Please keep your phone close by so that chaperones can make contact with you should times adjust.
- Commuter students will be transported home at the regular time today, Thursday, January 11, 2018.
- There will be no classes for all MSD students tomorrow, Friday, January 12, 2018.
- Reminder MSD is closed Monday, January 15, 2018, in honor of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Dorm students will travel back to school on Tuesday, January 16, 2018, utilizing Sunday route pick up timeframes.
- All commuter and dorm students will resume classes on January 17, 2018.
Please check Facebook and the MSD website often for any updates.
To follow the MSD Facebook page, please click here: https://www.facebook.com/MississippiSchoolForTheDeaf/
Sandra G. Edwards, Ed.D.
Per MDE (Mississippi Department of Education):
The Mississippi Legislature has designated the third Monday in January as the day for the observance of the birthdays of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Robert E. Lee. As a result, all Mississippi Department of Education offices will be closed on Monday, Jan. 15. All offices will reopen on Tuesday, Jan. 16.
The Mississippi School for the Deaf will be closed on Monday, January 15th and 16th. Classes will resume on Wednesday, January 17th. MSD offices will be open on Tuesday, January 16th.
Classes will be held on Thursdays beginning February 1st from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
We hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season. Students will go home on Friday, December 15th and classes resume on Wednesday, January 3rd. See you in 2018!